Thursday, September 20, 2012

Margarita Grilled Chicken!

So I guess this could fall under a "Thirsty Thursday" recipe since it contains tequila, right? Yeah, I realize I haven't posted any cocktail recipes in awhile. My b. Don't worry, I haven't quit drinking! I've just been sticking to my old stand-bys wine & vodka (vodka, club soda, splash of cran). Come to think of it, it is about time for a more fall-like cocktail. I'll report back next week with a new Thirsty Thursday drink, swear. 

I love this chicken. I love it because A) It's super easy and B) with the leftover tequila I make actual margaritas to go with dinner. 2 birds, 1 stone. Do you feel like it's alcohol abuse to use tequila in a chicken dish? Don't worry, it's just a 1/2 cup. There will be plenty for your consumption afterwards. And all of the alcohol will cook out when you grill it, so it's cool for the kids too. Don't sweat the 1 jalapeno- it doesn't make this spicy. If you WANT it spicy, add 2 jalapenos. 
Ingredients:
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup tequila (any brand will work, I used Jose Cuervo)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
juice of 2 limes (or about 1/4 cup lime juice)
1 jalapeno, minced (I left the seeds and ribs in)

Step 1: Whisk together the tequila, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, olive oil, lime juice, and jalapeno.
Step 2: Place chicken breasts in a gallon sized ziploc bag, add marinade to bag and close. Marinate for at least 2 hours.

 Step 3: Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
ENJOY!
And ofcourse, make yourself a margarita to enjoy with your chicken ;)
Linked up @: http://www.thelady8home.com/2012/09/20/weekend-gala-dinner-extravaganza-party-3/



1 comment:

  1. Yummmmmmm.....

    Brittany, I fixed the issue. Apparently you were not the only one....:-( But now it's up and running. Thank you so much for letting me know :)

    Please try it now, and it should work. Thanks so much for being so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete