Monday, September 24, 2012

Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!

Happy Monday everybody! I hope that you all had an awesome weekend! I did- ish. My Seminoles won a BIG game Saturday night (ranked #4 in the country wahoo!) and my Jaguars won a nail-biter yesterday afternoon :-D So beyond those 2 awesome things, I have a quick confession. I've been eating super duper healthy for a couple weeks now, and feeling great about it. Then yesterday morning I woke up a little hungover from the Saturday night Nole game (it was a really celebratory night!) and I was craving something unhealthy. BOOOOOO. Terrible idea. If I would have thought about it in a rational manner I should have thought like this- "I feel badly because of nutritional imbalances and dehydration. Time to get some veggies and protein and hydrate" But of course, I thought very irrationally and ate a sub and potato chips instead. Guess what? It didn't make me feel any better. Anyways, long story short I'm back on the healthy eating wagon today, re-starting myself with this pumpkin smoothie. 
This smoothie brings all the flavors of fall you're craving, without the sugar coma. It's like drinking a pumpkin pie. A healthy pumpkin pie. Winning! So after I fell off the wagon yesterday I made a decision for myself, starting October 1st I'm going to do the "Whole 30" paleo challenge. 30 days of no dairy, no wheat, no legumes, sugars, processed anything, etc- just real food. Also, I'm going to be legit and do no alcohol. Say wha? Yeah. Doing it. I would LOVE for some of you to try it with me too :-D I understand this is a huge commitment, but think of what you're committing to- YOURSELF. And the best thing about doing it in October? The 31st day when I'm done is Halloween, and I can stuff myself with booze and candy! Okay, that might not be the best goal, but I'm just saying. So we'll talk more about this later... for now, here's the pumpkin smoothie I promised. And yes, it's paleo. :-D

Ingredients: 
1 Cup coconut milk (from the carton, not the can) {or almond milk, or milk of choice}
1/2 Cup pureed pumpkin (make sure it's 100% pumpkin!)
1 tsp. Cinnamon (or 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice)
1 tsp. Honey
1 Banana (the riper, the better)
Handful of ice cubes- like 5-6

Step 1: Add all ingredients to the blender.
Step 2: Blend until smooth, pretty orange smoothie!
ENJOY! :-D
And PS: Don't forget to "like" us on Facebook- there will be a very good giveaway happening this week, on the FB page only!
Cheers!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment