Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fluffy Paleo Pancakes!

So I spoke to y'all a little bit the other day about my new paleo lifestyle, I'm not going to go back over that but I will tell you that it's gotten really easy for me and I'm loving it. I have more energy, I sleep better, I feel better. I highly recommend you google it a bit, do a little research (just poke around to how your body digests gluten, it'll blow yo- mind!). If you are interested read "The Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolf. Okay now on to these pancakes, yes they are "paleo" pancakes, but they are also the BEST pancakes I've ever made. They tasted almost like cake batter to me! I think that was probably the almond milk. Healthy cake batter flavored pancakes? Yes, please.

Okay so I know I visited the paleo pancake option here: 2 Ingredient Banana "Pancakes"! and those are still a really good option if you don't have coconut flour. Coconut flour is really what makes these so light and fluffy, and pancake-like. Top with some 100% maple syrup (skip that fake stuff loaded with preservatives!) and you're made in the shade. I adapted this recipe from here: http://www.nourishingdays.com/2010/07/fluffy-coconut-flour-pancakes/

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 C. Almond milk (or coconut milk to keep it paleo or dairy milk if you don't care)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. honey
1/2 C. coconut flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Step 1: Grease a griddle with coconut oil or olive oil and heat to medium-high heat. Whisk together the 4 eggs until combined and a little frothy.
Step 2: Add milk, vanilla, honey, flour, baking soda, & salt to eggs and whisk together until combined.
Step 3: Pour onto griddle in about 1/4 c. sized cakes. Cook 2-3 minutes or until edges are browned.
Step 4: Flip and cook an additional minute, or until cooked through.
Serve with syrup or favorite pancake toppings (Berries! Bananas! Peanut Butter!) Enjoy!
I was trying to take a picture of me pouring the syrup... didn't really work out.
Which resulted in that giant puddle of syrup. Oh well, I love syrup. :-)
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a great post!!

    Btw your yumm Zucchini dish was featured in the Menu :D Come check it out. http://www.thelady8home.com/2012/09/14/menu-for-gala-dinner-extravaganza-week1/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always do pancakes on the weekend for breakfast in bed. Thanks for your version, look forward to trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! These do make the perfect Saturday morning breakfast :-)

      Delete
  3. These pancakes are awesome!!! Fluffy and delicious. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed them! They are my FAVE! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete