Monday, August 13, 2012

{Football Food Week} Hot Turkey Sammies!

This week on the blog I am dubbing it "Football Food Week"! Football season is a BIG deal in my family. We are may-jor fans. Last Friday night was our first preseason home game {Go Jaguars!} and you can bet your bottom dollar I was in the stadium. It was SUCH a good feeling to have football back, I've missed it all off-season! Thus, I am inspired to pull out all of my favorite tailgating recipes this week to share with you! Even if you aren't a crazy football fan like me, these recipes can be enjoyed by you & yours at your next gathering! I've tried my best to put together recipes that are easily made for a crowd- at home or at your next tailgate party!
My brothers and I before the game Friday night!
Today's recipe, day 1 of Football Food Week, is a real winner. I know you've seen the little ham sammy recipe on pinterest, made on Hawaiian rolls. This is my version- with turkey instead of ham (I hate ham) and with yummy melted provolone cheese! If you are a ham fan, just replace the turkey with ham- or even better why not try ham and turkey! The sauce on top is just bananas and ties all the flavors in perfectly. The BEST part of this recipe though is that it literally takes 5 minutes to put together- you can throw it in the oven like I did here if you're having a home party, or if you're tailgating you could prep it at home, wrap it in foil, and throw it on the grill at the tailgate! Easy peezy, feeds a bunch, tastes fantastical, and is a literal no- brainer to put together. Sounds like a Super Bowl champ to me!

Ingredients: (Makes 12 sammies)
1 package of Hawaiian rolls (12 rolls)
1 9 oz. package of turkey
4 pieces of provolone cheese
1/4 stick butter
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. soy sauce

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9x13 in. dish with non-stick cooking spray. Cut the rolls in half length-wise. {I used a sharp knife and just set them on their side and cut down}
Not a real clear picture, it was an awkward angle to hold a camera AND a knife!

Step 2: Place the bottom half of the rolls in the baking dish. Top with the turkey. 

Step 3: Top the turkey with cheese.

Step 4: Place the top half of the rolls on top. In a saucepan melt the butter on medium-high heat. 

Step 5: Whisk mustard, onion powder, and soy sauce together with the melted butter.

Step 6: Top rolls with the butter sauce. 

Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops are golden brown. 

ENJOY!

11 comments:

  1. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for another excellent post. Where else could anybody get that type of info in such an ideal way of writing? In my opinion, my seeking has ended now. บาคาร่าได้เงินจริง

    ReplyDelete
  3. You completely match our expectation and the variety of our information. เว็บแทงบอล แนะนํา

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page! เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. ผลบอล888ล่าสุด

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  7. With so many books and articles coming up to give gateway to make-money-online field and confusing reader even more on the actual way of earning money, เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. เว็บแทงบอล แนะนํา

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post! เว็บแทงบอล แนะนํา

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really very nice post you shared, i like the post, thanks for sharing.. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุด

    ReplyDelete